Charlotte, NC (August 28, 2019) – The SEN Design Group announced today that, effective January 1, 2020, it will be opening a new division – the Kitchen & Bath Business Institute (KBBI) - specifically for business and sales education so all kitchen/ bath and design/build professionals can learn:
- the critical financial metrics, not widely known within the industry, to enhance company profitability
- a selling system that drastically shortens the sales cycle, generating 2-3 times greater annual revenue
- how to deliver a superior customer showroom educational experience, by leveraging a new, all-in-one operating platform, and earn up to 40% higher gross profit margins
“More than 5 years ago, SEN negotiated the specifications for a private label software program from operateIT called NMS. While still being incubated within the group, it nevertheless became an effective membership recruitment tool as there was a strong demand for a soup-to-nuts, single platform to manage small businesses in our industry,” said Dan Luck, SEN Senior VP of Education. “But now that the most recently refined and perfected platform has caught serious traction with our membership, SEN felt obligated to share this powerful tool. We decided to give up our private label exclusivity in the interests of supporting a single platform, CompuTool Connect, which will more quickly deliver 21st century business automation to lift the revenue levels of the entire industry.”
operateIT personnel will continue to furnish the onsite implementation/training to bolt the software application onto an owner’s business in just two days. However, for dealer networks of current and future operateIT channel partners, KBBI will serve as a business/sales training sub-contractor to deliver education on (a) industry operating standards and metrics, (b) the Good-Better-Best Selling System; and (c) “shock-proof” client price presentation.
SEN Members who viewed the latest platform evolution at their 2019 Spring Conference in Seattle came away with positive impressions:
- “Just wanted you to know how impressive NMS Express and the changes you have made are. Very well done! Between Express and the LMS [Learning Management System] I believe it is ready for mass acceptance and implementation.” - Warren Smith CMKBD, CAPS, Kitchen & Bath Restylers, Kennewick, WA
- “I was very impressed with the ability of NMS Express and the level of detail within the program. Estimating, retainer agreements, and contracts have been a time consuming activity for us (lots of double entries), and I think NMS Express will allow us to utilize our resources in a much more effective manner.” - Matt Kowalske, Kowalske Kitchen & Bath, Delafield, WI
- “They [SEN and operateIT] have developed a great on boarding process for its users. I believe they have figured out a system that is repeatable throughout our industry. I feel this software is a game-changer. It is going to allow me to grow my business with much better efficiency and controls on things as they move through the pipeline.” - Tom LeBlanc, Watch City Kitchens, Waltham, MA
About SEN Design Group:
The SEN Design Group is the industry’s first kitchen and bath buying group for independent dealer/owners, dating back to 1994. Now celebrating its 25th anniversary as the industry’s recognized leader in professional business development, SEN has 200 members nationwide and more than 60 quality vendors in cabinetry, appliances, plumbing fixtures, decorative hardware, closets, lighting, bathroom products, flooring, tile, business services and accessories who offer their products/services to the membership at group rates. Additionally, SEN offers over 40 business development assets, and a recommended Member Business Development Track, for its membership to leverage for accelerated revenue and profitability growth. They include financial planning, business schools, benchmarking reports, business coaching, personnel recruitment assessments, sales training programs, marketing tools, networking, peer counseling, and management systems. For more information on SEN, visit www.sendesigngroup.com and/or contact Dan Luck, Senior VP of Education, at 1.800.991.1711 or by email at email@example.com.
The company was co-founded in 2015 by Keith Tobias and Ken Peterson CKD, who headed an equity partner syndicate of some two dozen SEN Members, to purchase a software platform from Tobias’s former employer. Since then, the CompuTool Connect software has gone through major modifications specific for the kitchen/bath and remodeling industries. Key centralized services have also been added including marketing, onsite application training, and online continuing education programs. The platform has been successfully deployed with two separate channel partner networks: the SEN Design Group, the oldest and largest kitchen/bath buying group, and Custom Wood Products, Inc, a cabinet manufacturer in St Mary’s, KS. Geared for small business adoption, CompuTool Connect incorporates built in and proven best practices, coupled with a service offering that features industry-specific business/sales education furnished by the SEN Design Group through its new division – KBBI. For more information on operateIT, please contact Chairman Ken Peterson, CKD (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit www.operateit.net.